One of the topics of discussion during our May Girl Talk on Health event was the 28-day Eat Right America Challenge being promoted by Whole Foods Market®. Our guest speaker and Whole Foods Market Green Mission Specialist, Kathryn McCue, says the 28-Day Challenge is a pledge to the five cornerstones of healthy eating by eating the following each day:
1) A large salad every day
2) At least a half-cup serving of beans/legumes in soup, salad or a dish once daily
3) At least 3 fresh fruits a day
4) At least one ounce of raw nuts and seeds a day
5) At least one large serving of steamed green vegetables daily
If you register online for this challenge, you will receive a Free Personalized Nutrition Prescription which includes an online:
- Nutrient analysis
- Health risk evaluation
- Daily eating plan
- Nutritional assessment that offers guidance for a customized healthy eating plan to achieve optimal health
- 28 days of step-by-step email support
- 30 days of unlimited access to the Eat Right America online member center
To register online use the code CERFLSAR.
Whole Foods Market has also included the following events on their calendar to support those taking the 28-day Challenge.
Thursday, May 26th
28 Day Challenge Orientation
6pm to 7pm FREE
Individuals following Engine 2 Plan, adopt a whole food, nutrient dense, Plant Strong way of eating. Each Participant will start the 28 Day Challenge on June 1st. Class is held in the Whole Foods Market Lifestyle Center. Please register for class in person at Customer Service at Whole Foods Market or by calling 955-8500.
Thursday, June 2nd – Thursday, June 30th
Engine 2, 28 Day Challenge Support Class
6pm to 7pm FREE
Join us every Thursday evening in June for the Engine 2 Support Class. Each week Kathryn, out Healthy Eating Specialist, will guide you through the 28 day Challenge program and offer great tips to help you stay on track. Guest will enjoy delicious samples of E2 Recipes. Take control of your health today and get your beach body ready! Class is held in the Whole Foods Market Lifestyle Center. Please register for class in person at Customer Service at Whole Foods Market or by calling 955-8500.